POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Iced Land #5 (became a WIP again) : Re: Iced Land #5 (became a WIP again) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:31:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iced Land #5 (became a WIP again)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 9 Aug 2002 11:40:18
Message: <3d53e262@news.povray.org>
> Just gorgeous!

Thank you very much!

Regarding the clouds: I kinda like them, and, though its
probably very rare that they occur there, its just rare, not
impossible... :-) (Just trying to argument why I wanna keep
them...)

Regarding the mountains and the ocean...
Nice idea, problem is, the scene has developed far
from what it was meant to be, so the script isn't
really supportive for distant mountain ranges or
a water-plane... I fiddling about to an extent where
I *know* that the mountains are just faked in size
and the water is actually just a box...

Nah. That's not my style. But perhaps someone else
will try, using isosurfaces for the landscape (cause I think
they are more suited for jaggy icerocks...)

---
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde