POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Povray's Niche : Re: Povray's Niche Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray's Niche
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 8 Aug 2002 19:13:09
Message: <3d52fb05@news.povray.org>

3D5### [at] comtradeee...
> You don't have to write shaders. It is sufficient, if there is someone,
who can write.

Yes of course. What I meant is that with the regular povray texture model
anyone can create textures, even complex ones.  With shaders, most people
are dependent on other people's shaders because they're too complex to
create (you really need to understand the theory behind). I know this in
Bryce, for instance, where there's an engine to create shaders that 's quite
powerful but much too hard to use for regular users. Of course, in the event
of Povray RM shaders, we'd keep the regular Povray textures so we'd get the
best or both worlds...

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com