POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : An exercise in photocopy (95 ko) : Re: An exercise in photocopy (95 ko) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An exercise in photocopy (95 ko)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 8 Aug 2002 06:19:20
Message: <3d5245a8@news.povray.org>

cfg4lusb3qq3h67koo635pjc1408h7rttq@4ax.com...
> Thanks and congratulations for the effect.

Thanks. Note that I'm certain that the sun could be better if done with a
clever Povray pigment. What I'm clueless about doing it in Povray is the
water. I don't feel like tweaking giant
RMF-isosurfaces-with-radiosity-with-media-with-reflection-with-transparency
for days. I've been there and got nice results, but never close to the real
thing.  Apart the reflection (which is the best I could do, but not the best
someone with more Terragen experience could do probably) the Terragen water
is really realistic.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com