POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : An exercise in photocopy (95 ko) : Re: An exercise in photocopy (71 + 32 Kb) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An exercise in photocopy (71 + 32 Kb)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 8 Aug 2002 06:00:20
Message: <3d524134@news.povray.org>

news: 3D5### [at] videotronca...
> I that the camera angle is different.  The real image was probably taken
> with a telephoto lens from much further away.  The perspective lines
> extending from the sidewinder missiles seem to confirm this.

In fact I was under the impression it was more the other way round. The
plane looks "longer" in the photo so I thought that it was taken with a
shorter focal, which would also explains why the sun reflection is smaller.
The Terragen pic is made with a quite long focal, otherwise I couldn't get
the sun disc. Possibly I was wrong there and the big white spot in the photo
is not the disc but the corona flare, in which case I can't seem to
reproduce the effect in Terragen (which seems right for most of the rest,
like the waves aspect and colours). Of course my image is made from two
uncorrelated camera setups (the Terragen one and the Povray one) as I didn't
try to match them mathematically. Perhaps I should try this instead, and get
everything in "real" units. As I said, this sort of exercise is very
educational.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com