POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Loneliness WIP. Is this woman lonely? : Re: Loneliness WIP. Is this woman lonely? Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:28:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness WIP. Is this woman lonely?
From: Pandora
Date: 8 Aug 2002 00:51:03
Message: <3d51f8b7@news.povray.org>
"Robert J Becraft" <cas### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> Interesting thing about Loneliness... I can't find anyone who can tell me
> what someone who is lonely looks like.

    Agreed. When I saw this rounds topic I instantly had a great idea for an
image[1] - a lonely looking person standing in crowded, fast moving,
street/square/plaza - the idea being one of being lonely in a crowd. But
then I realised that I couldn't put my finger on what a lonely person looks
like - I tried trawling the web for pictures - found sad, depressed and
whole host of other emotional states, but nothing that looked 'lonely'...

--
Pandora/Scott Hill/[::O:M:C::]Scorpion
Software Engineer.

[1] Which is very unusual for me - I usually don't get any ideas until the
round is so near it's end I wouldn't have time to implement them