POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : trying to add a light blub to a lamp : Re: trying to add a light blub to a lamp Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:14:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: trying to add a light blub to a lamp
From: Robert Chaffe
Date: 7 Aug 2002 22:34:01
Message: <3d51d899@news.povray.org>
"Wade" <Zav### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> I'm trying to a blub to a lamp.   I created an include file for the blub
and
> created a declare statement to shortened my code in the pov file.  I used
> the object modifier.  Did I used the wrong modifier to add the add within
> the union statement?  here's the code:
>
> [snip]
>
> union {
>  cylinder {
>   0*y .15*y .5
>   }
>  cylinder {
>   0*y 1.5*y .15
>  }
>  texture { pigment { color Black } finish { F_MetalB } }
>  object { Blub translate y*1.5}
> }

Within the union, the object modifiers should be specified after the
objects.  Moving the texture to after the object{Blub...} eliminates the
error message.  See if that gives a desirable result.  I didn't have
"lightblub.inc" to include for a complete test.

--
Robert Chaffe
http://www.donovansweb.com/~chaffe/