POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Vegetation - Seedgrowth test : Re: Vegetation - Seedgrowth test Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vegetation - Seedgrowth test
From: Pandora
Date: 7 Aug 2002 16:02:26
Message: <3d517cd2@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> >     I was going to ask that, but also, do you plan to have different
> species
> > competing for space/resources and, therefor, have vegetation die off and
> > repopulating available space ?
>
> Regarding your question:
> Its not actually a simulation, but a system that should be
> used to position objects on a heightfield

    Sure, but I was thinking if you have say two or three different species
spreading from two or three different source points I think you're going to
get fairly predictable and un-natural looking patchy vegetation.
    Implement competition/die off/repopulation and you should get a more
realistic mix of vegatation across the whole heightfield.

--
Pandora/Scott Hill/[::O:M:C::]Scorpion
Software Engineer.