POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : FreeBSD 4.4 povray 3.5 : FreeBSD 4.4 povray 3.5 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  FreeBSD 4.4 povray 3.5
From: Jeremy
Date: 6 Aug 2002 09:19:18
Message: <3d4fccd6$1@news.povray.org>
I built povray after downloading the new source last
night. The build went ok after I edited the makefile
a little bit. But when I ran the program I got an
error about file permission and the povray.ini file.
So I ran chmod a+rw /usr/local/etc/povray.ini
then tried to run the program again, same message.
At this point I went to look through the source code
and noticed that there were two versions of POV_ALLOW_READ ...WRITE one in
config.h and the other in frame.h. If I comment
out the macros in config.h and rebuild, the program
runs fine. I didn't look into it any further put thought
I would post here. Hopefully some one can tell me
the difference between the two declarations.