POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : toroidal basket : Re: toroidal basket Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: toroidal basket
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 6 Aug 2002 03:48:04
Message: <3d4f7f34@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:
> Nice ! I think there's one on Chris Colefax's site and I have one by
> Fabien Mosen that fits a bottle.

  Yes, I remember these now. The one from Fabien is really nice, if I
remember well.

> Interesting background too...

  It's a very thin height_field with a standard stone texture scaled down
on the HF height direction. This way the HF shows different parts of the
texture depending on the height, sowhing very interesting patterns. The
wood uses the same trick.

> Are you using your light macros, btw ?

  Always. I can't remember when I worte my last "light_source" sentence
directly... :) Seriously, it is very handy for me, mainly because I can
adjust the overall lighting with two control variables.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org