POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Group animation project proposal : Re: Group animation project proposal Server Time
25 Jul 2024 18:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Group animation project proposal
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 5 Aug 2002 23:57:16
Message: <3d4f491c$1@news.povray.org>
"Rohan Bernett" <rox### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Tom Galvin wrote:
>
> >If it is truly a fan effort and not for profit, an author
> >may be inclined to give a limited license for free.
>
> Well the project would be a true fan effort and not for profit. I would go
> and contact the author, if I knew an email address to contact her at. What
> is a limited license anyway?

Here is the contact info for use of Harry Potter.
http://www.bloomsburymagazine.com/harrypotter/copyright/index.html

I wish you luck, but I think you would have better luck with a less
commercial
piece.  But before approaching a copyright holder I would have all my ducks
in
a row.  Have answers to any question they may have and clearly define the
scope
of your intended use of the copyright, and be clear that you will abide by
all their
restrictions.

One of my favorite candidates for translation to film is "Little Fuzzy" by
H. Beam Piper.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0441484980/qid=1028605823/sr=1-5/ref=
sr_1_5/102-4166119-2251359

Tom