POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Group animation project proposal : Re: Group animation project proposal Server Time
25 Jul 2024 18:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Group animation project proposal
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 5 Aug 2002 20:47:40
Message: <3d4f1cac$1@news.povray.org>
> Big companies are getting too much power and making too much money anyway.
> say go ahead and make the project anyway and ignore the big companies. Why
> not do the project as open source, then they can't do anything about it.
> :-)
>
> Rohan _e_ii

Yeah! Sure! Go ahead, but if I was going to try and bring a copyrighted work
to film,
 I think I would get permission first.  If it is truly a fan effort and not
for profit, an author
may be inclined to give a limited license for free.  I'll just keep working
on IMP.  A lot
less lawyers there, besides there is already a movie version of Harry Potter
that is not
half bad.

Tom