POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : GCC 3.1.1 Athlon Optimized Build : Re: GCC 3.1.1 Athlon Optimized Build Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GCC 3.1.1 Athlon Optimized Build
From: Ken Cecka
Date: 4 Aug 2002 16:22:13
Message: <3d4d8cf5@news.povray.org>
This has come up in a couple of threads already - it is a new feature in pov
3.5 with rather confusing defaults.  Basically, (as I understand it), Pov
3.5 prevents you from accessing any files outside the directory where you
perform the render from (or something like that), unless you explicitely
allow otherwise in your povray.conf.  Here's what I put in my
/usr/local/etc/povray.conf:

----
[File I/O Security]
none

[Shellout Security]
allowed
----

And in my ~/.povrayrc:

----
Library_Path=/usr/local/share/povray-3.5/include
----

Not quite sure why it worked for you with the official version and not with
mine (maybe they've changed the defaults in the official binary?).

Ken