POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Telephone box 3 (183 Kb) : Re: WIP Telephone box 3 (183 Kb) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Telephone box 3 (183 Kb)
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 4 Aug 2002 11:26:15
Message: <3d4d4797@news.povray.org>

news:3d4a9ba1@news.povray.org...
> Hat off :-)

Thank you very much

> To throw in some constructive criticisms (ie. points to improve, IMHO):
> - The road is too dark, looks like a void (ie. nothing under the
pavement).

Actually there is nothing under the pavement. The road is a job not done yet
(it's only background <0,0,0>)

> - I don't like much the texture of the grey part of the trash container,
> looks like it is underwater... Impressive work of modelling, BTW.

This texture it's only the first layer. I'm going to add more layers with
dirt, normals...
I'm very happy with the trash container model. I'm going to make a Hamapatch
/
Moray /Povray tutorial now that I'm on holidays, and maybe this model will
be a good
example.

> - Same for the texture of the pane behind the telephone.

Here I have to improve the texture with one image map and more layers of
dirt above it.
The texture now is a layered one, and the top texture is made for testing
purposes.

> Regards.

Thank you for your comments.
Bye