POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP] Goodbye (Loneliness) (80kbu) : Re: [WIP] Goodbye (Loneliness) (80kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP] Goodbye (Loneliness) (80kbu)
From: Simon Adameit
Date: 3 Aug 2002 17:34:07
Message: <3d4c4c4f@news.povray.org>
"Gail Shaw" <gai### [at] mwebcoza> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I decided not to use a person in the scene. To quote a friend
> 'It seems lonelier this way.'

As aready has been said it doesn't look like it's raining as I think you
want it to.
I think this is because usually when it rains the sun isn't directly
illuminating the objects but in your scene all objects are lit from a light
source and have hard shadows. The materials also don't look wet. I don't
have an idea how to make them look wet, trying to make a realistic wet
surface with reflection and such things would probably be to slow and you
wouldn't see the tiny detail anyway so you should just try to get the color
right. At the moment it looks more like a sunny dry day with a lot of grey
dust in the air.

Simon