POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post: Crystal Ball : First Post: Crystal Ball Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  First Post: Crystal Ball
From: Ben Scheele
Date: 3 Aug 2002 02:00:54
Message: <3d4b7196@news.povray.org>
I have been using povray for a few years, and I came across this
newsgroup earlier this year.  I have been re-rendering some of my older
scenes to use 3.5's new features such as radiosity and photons, but this
image was so reworked that its's basically new.  I started it one night last
week, and then forgot about it for a few days (Hey, I'm fairly new to the
overnight render thing).  When I checked on it, it was 2/3rds done, and had
had an error and quit.  I rendered the bottom portion and matched them up,
with the total rendering time for an 800 by 600 image being about three days
on an Athlon 1.5 ghz with 256 mb ram.  I want it bigger!  Oh well.  How do
you like it?

                                   -Ben Scheele

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: