POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Plastic surface texture and lighting : Plastic surface texture and lighting Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Plastic surface texture and lighting
From: Rowena Padel
Date: 2 Aug 2002 10:21:26
Message: <3d4a9566$1@news.povray.org>
Hi

I'm pretty much a complete newbie, trying out Povray for the first time in
making a set of icons.  I have two questions:

1.  Can anyone give me any tips on the way to produce a plastic looking
surface.  I've found plenty of metals, but plastics seem to escape me!

2.  I need to make the icons fit with the XP specification, lit from the top
left, but with ambient lighting to the front from the right.  Top left is no
problem, but whatever I try with lights from the front tends to either wash
the object out completely, or to make it look a dull flat colour.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Rowena