POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Iceland (was: Loneliness WIP) : Re: Iceland (was: Loneliness WIP) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iceland (was: Loneliness WIP)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 2 Aug 2002 08:55:21
Message: <3d4a8139@news.povray.org>
After I checked the link and looked at some images,
I do agree that one might expect something more jagged
when thinking about ice, snow and landscapes.

Nontheless, I do think that there are areas that look
just like mine, more desert-like than broken ice-shells.

I'll be toying around with it a little more, but I don't
think that I'll add significant changes. I like the smooth
and clean, nice feeling the image has, and I think adding
broken ice-cliffs (as an example) would give it a more
harsch and dangerous feeling. Adding more dust would
also make it colder and more dangerous, but we'll see.

Regards,

Tim

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde
"Philippe Lhoste" <Phi### [at] GMXnet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> > This is just what became of the Loneliness WIP:
> > A cold and icy landscape, a lonesome iglu, some
> > nice effects with media (scattering and emission
> > alike), a little patience for the rendering time...
> >
> > Comments, criticism, anything welcome, as usual.
> > (Yes Peter, I'll try the lightnings soon... ;-)
>
> I am not sure, because I don't know well these countries, but it seems to
me
> that you are showing dunes (of sand) here, like those in Sahara or
French's