POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8 : Re: Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8
From: Micha Riser
Date: 1 Aug 2002 18:58:26
Message: <3d49bd11@news.povray.org>
Mark Gordon wrote:

> The "requires editing to build" part made it into the core code at the
> last minute.  I'm going to work on finding a friendlier way to do this.
> Note that building from source is one aspect of 3.5 which hasn't goine
> through extensive beta testing so far, so it's probably going to see more
> changes.

I see quite some work has been done with unix source, the configure and so.
It would be nice to pass optimization flags to configure. Any possibility
to build a version with x11 support only (which would be a bit smaller)?

Another question: How does this with the I/O restriction exactly work. I
look at the docs but it wasn't all clear to me. What povray.conf do I have
to create where to allow all io?

- Micha

--
http://objects.povworld.org - the POV-Ray Objects Collection