POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling 3.5 source on Linux also fails : Re: Compiling 3.5 source on Linux also fails Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:29:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling 3.5 source on Linux also fails
From: Micha Riser
Date: 1 Aug 2002 16:13:14
Message: <3d499659@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   No, no! Don't kludge it. You can never know whether the STL
>   implementations
> are faster than that.
>   The correct answer is to put 'using namespace std;' in config.h. (I
>   don't
> know why this hasn't be done already.)

Yep, of course you are right. I just could not find a reference to min/max
in STL in my documentation. To get it working it is already enough to add

using std::max;
using std::min;

into config.h. I even wondered why this wasn't in STL :D

- Micha

--
http://objects.povworld.org - the POV-Ray Objects Collection