POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8 : Re: Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:30:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8
From: Micha Riser
Date: 1 Aug 2002 14:42:28
Message: <3d498113@news.povray.org>
Dawn McKnight wrote:

> Thank you; that worked, and I was able to get further.  Now it's
> complaining that it can't find the library -lz in /usr/openwin/lib.
>
> I did an ls of that directory, and see llib-lz and llib-lz.ln in there,
> both set executable.  Do you have any suggestions what I should do to
> make sure they're properly installed?  Or to help the compiler find them?

Can you give me the exact error message? I suppose it is looking for the
'z' library. This should be a file 'libz.so' somewhere on the harddisk.
Search for that.

I will try to compile it on solaris myself sometimes. BTW you could also
try to use sun's compiler. It is usually faster on solaris than gcc.

- Micha

--
http://objects.povworld.org - the POV-Ray Objects Collection