POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling 3.5 source on Linux also fails : Re: Compiling 3.5 source on Linux also fails Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling 3.5 source on Linux also fails
From: Micha Riser
Date: 1 Aug 2002 13:34:08
Message: <3d49710f@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet wrote:

> PovRay-3.50a (as of 2002-08-01)
> gcc-3.1
>
> Just like the message reported before, I also have compiling trouble,
> but here as soon as the first .cpp file:

It works with gcc-2.x. To get it compiled with 3.1 you need to add
something like

template<class T> const T& max(const T&a, const T&b)
{
return (a<b) ? b: a;
}

template<class T> const T& min(const T&a, const T&b)
{
return (a<b) ? a: b;
}

to an appropriate place. I chose frame.h.

> BTW, compilation obviously is made _without any_ optimization
> (even no -O2 or -O3).

I think the official binary had -O2 or -O3 because my first recompilation
resulted slower.

- Micha

--
http://objects.povworld.org - the POV-Ray Objects Collection