POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Loneliness (probably not to be submitted) : Re: WIP Loneliness (probably not to be submitted) Server Time
17 Sep 2024 14:55:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Loneliness (probably not to be submitted)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 1 Aug 2002 00:49:23
Message: <3d48bdd3@news.povray.org>
> Excellent sky!!!

Thank you very much!

> (to Mick: this is what I had in mind)
>
> Do you think that, for the sake of the experiment, you could try
> lighting the clouds in one or two places as if there were lightnings?
> You know, the type that end up in mid-air. Some of them don't even
> leave the cloud, just light it from the inside, and the bright cold
> cyan contrasts really nicely with the dark warm colors of the clouds.

I'll try...

> I'd ask for the source but I am afraid media skies are way over my
> head CPU-wise.

This one isn't that difficult. The near-final picture (requires a little
more
tweaking) took only 2 hours with Antialiasing method 3, Recursion level
4, 1025x512 on my 1.4 GHZ Athlon, 528 MB RAM, Win98. But I
don't know your specs, so it might still be too intensive...

Thanks for your reply!

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde