POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tileable patterns : Re: Tileable patterns Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tileable patterns
From: TinCanMan
Date: 31 Jul 2002 13:40:42
Message: <3d48211a$1@news.povray.org>
Another little phenomenon that I found out:
When creating a hf from an image with res m*n, the hf has a res of
(m-1)*(n-1), ie. each pixel represents a vertex on the hf (this is mentioned
in "6.5.1.5  Height Field"), this requires the input image I use to need an
"extra" row and column of pixels to join seamlessly.  However, with the
"function image pattern", this is not necessary.

-tgq