POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lumpy Red Things : Re: Lumpy Red Things Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lumpy Red Things
From: TinCanMan
Date: 31 Jul 2002 13:34:13
Message: <3d481f95$1@news.povray.org>
"Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message
> Really nice. How did you make the burbly pattern? Is it a 'bumps' pattern
> with pow{}?

no, it is a crackle pattern with "form <1,0,0>"

> I look forward to see your seamless pattern generator.
It has been posted in binaries.scene-files.  That one creates an image to be
used for a hf (or can be slightly modified for other uses, ie desktop
pattern, etc.) I will perhaps post a scenefile that uses the same type of
pattern using the internal "funtion image pattern" to create the hf, without
the need to run a secondary file.

> I suppose it fades
> the edges?

No, the image shows tiled hfs, there are seams (edges) right at the center
of the screen , the lumps run right across them.

-tgq