POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [WIP] Dice theme : Re: [WIP] Dice theme Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [WIP] Dice theme
From: Hugo
Date: 31 Jul 2002 09:35:25
Message: <3d47e79d$1@news.povray.org>
Oh, not bad! At first I thought the white borders were post-processed but
now I see they're part of the focal blur. Nice touch! Those transparant
dices look good too, except those close up.

I don't know why you need so many blur_samples however. I understand the
grainyness increases with fewer samples but usually that doesn't destroy the
overall quality.. I think there is something odd with be transition between
the white dots and the transparant plastic on the dices.. I don't think more
samples will fix this. (?)

Regards,
Hugo