POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem : Re: Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:16:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extreme Newbie, pixelization problem
From: Micha Riser
Date: 31 Jul 2002 02:38:49
Message: <3d4785f8@news.povray.org>
Mark21 wrote:

> Okay, I am posting a small pic in the binaries section, it is .png format
> so everyone should be able to view it. The image was rendered at 320x240
> with an AA threshold of 0.0 I hope it is enough for you to see my problem
> and help out. By the way, don't judge me on the content...I modeled that
> in
> like 5 minutes just so you guys could see the problem. Thanks,  Mark

As others already have pointed out you can use AA method 2 with a high
recursion level and a threshold of 0.0. This should work but is really
slow. An alternative is to render the picture 4x bigger with normal AA
settings and scale it down in a graphic program.

You could also try my modified version of POV-Ray which brings some new
AA-methods: http://www.povworld.org/povray/aa.html
It is only POV 3.1 though and there is no windows binary.

- Micha

--
http://objects.povworld.org - the POV-Ray Objects Collection