POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First scene : Re: First scene Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First scene
From: pascal
Date: 30 Jul 2002 06:25:54
Message: <3d4669b2$1@news.povray.org>
> > Great first post, I love the little island,
Thanks.

> No me ;-) Looks like a bowl of jelly, and the texture is too regular.
How do you make sand-like textures, by the way ? As for the shape, I think
keeping "simple" volumes
is a must, given the theme. I am not researching a photo realistic island
(it is beyond my skills anyway).

[about teddy]
I think i can make a better looking limbs, while still using  "simple"
volumes. Need to work on body/limb
joints placement also.

> >  I get the feeling by looking at this that
> > the reflection of the moon is in the wrong place, maybe you could fix
> > this by lifting the camera up a bit, I feel asthough the moon's
reflection
> > should appear behind the island.
>
> Me too.
Well, since I want the camera to be below the teddy, I think it will be
difficult to have the reflection
behind the highland ...

> The sky is a bit too bright, the stars would be not visible there.
Will rework my stars generation macro.

Thanks for the comments,
Regards,
--