POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First scene : Re: First scene Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:25:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First scene
From: pascal
Date: 30 Jul 2002 05:43:55
Message: <3d465fdb$1@news.povray.org>
> This is just wonderful theme, Would be a perfect cover picture for a
> childrens book.
Well, thanks.
>The rock or what ever it is  would need som work on the
> textureing
Definitely. The render is far from what I would like to have, but t'is the
best I can do
given my current Povray skills ...

I  need to better understand how texturing works , and find a nice
isosurface ...
A lot of people here are doing nice landscape scenes using heightfields,
unfortunately I can't find how to use them. So far, I end up only with ugly
looking objects ...

anybody knows about a  "theory" to describe good rock/sand textures ?
Somehow I have the feeling that modeling sand grain by grain is not the
solution :-)

--
Pascal.