POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Grass/Vegetation/Loneliness : Re: WIP Grass/Vegetation/Loneliness Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Grass/Vegetation/Loneliness
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 29 Jul 2002 11:40:05
Message: <3d4561d5$1@news.povray.org>
There are actually 5 different patches, and each has its
own random rotation. Yes, they are similiar in size, like
a field of grass mostly is!
Nontheless, I'm working on a macro which will check how
much neighbours each patch has. The more neighbours, the
better the region is (supposedly), and thus, the grass is bigger.
So, lonesome patches will be scaled smaller, and rims aren't
as big as the center of fields. But that wasn't / isn't implemented
yet.

As for thick blades, they are two-dimensional meshes, but perhaps
you meant width (or maybe I am confusing width and thickness,
not you, doesn't matter), and that may well be. Can be changed
very easily.

Thanks for your comment!

--
Tim Nikias