POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : maze close up : Re: maze close up Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:29:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: maze close up
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 29 Jul 2002 10:12:34
Message: <3d454d52$1@news.povray.org>

c2fakucbku7gsunpr6j4v3ojo786ngpftj@4ax.com...

> I changed contrast and colors to BW for shirt project but I'm not sure
about
> poster. I thought about 'undersea' feeling.

I think that it would be a great poster but I tend to agree with other
people about the contrast. Remember that there are thousands of posters
available at zazzle, and that most potential buyers (at zazzle or at the
povray site) will see first a thumbnail version of about 150*150 pixels.
Now try to see what happens to your image at this size (attached)...
basically it disappears because the fine details don't make it and there's
little or no colour variation to compensate.
If I were you I'd rework on the the concept to have a more contrasted image,
with highlights and a warmer, larger colour palette (even if you want to
keep the undersea feeling) so that the viewer can pick up the structures
more easily. Typically, this is the sort of structure that would benefit a
lot from strategically placed light sources.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message