POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pigment clouds : Re: pigment clouds Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:30:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pigment clouds
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 29 Jul 2002 08:22:42
Message: <3d453392$1@news.povray.org>
"Simon Adameit" <gom### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to do some clouds using only one sphere with a texture.
> What do you think? Any ideas what I could improve?
> If not than I'm going to try to animate them.

    Well, I kinda like them how they are. I see the problems you mention,
but I was watching some clouds the other day and I have come to the
conclusion that many natural cloud formations, if represented accurately in
povray, would not seem natural. One from the beach the other day was nothing
but a greenish grey line across the horizon with three bulbous areas with
rainbow colors. If I had taken a picture of it and edited it to make it look
like povray, no one here would have even thought I was posting clouds, it
looked more like a fractal.

    So from my point of view, your clouds look like clouds. They look a lot
like oil painted clouds.