POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pigment clouds : Re: pigment clouds Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:26:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pigment clouds
From: Simon Adameit
Date: 29 Jul 2002 06:23:46
Message: <3d4517b2$1@news.povray.org>
"Slime" wrote:
> 1. if you want a sky formed by a pigment on a sphere, look up the
sky_sphere
> keyword.

I already know about sky_sphere but it would'nt be of any use in this case
because I need a texture wich is illuminated by the sun and not a pigment.

> 2. Use a plane, not a sphere,  so that the perspective is right near the
> horizon.

To get the perspective right I would have to use a sphere translated into
the bottom to make the clouds disappear behind the horizon like they do in
the real world. But neither this nor a plane would work in this case because
the sphere is needed to simulate the shading of the clouds.

Simon