POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : placing objects at intersections? : Re: placing objects at intersections? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 22:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: placing objects at intersections?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 29 Jul 2002 00:39:16
Message: <3d44c6f4$1@news.povray.org>
I suppose you're using POV-Ray 3.5, so if you'd just
go ahead and look at 6.1.4.6 in the documentation,
(Vector Expressions), you'll find a vector function called
"trace".
It returns the intersection of a ray that comes from
a User-Given position, along a User-Given direction.

The correct setup of starting positions and directions
for the rays would result in what you want.

Its early morning now, so I'm not up to the math-part
of your question yet, but if you give some more specific
details, I could look at them when I'm back from work...

Regards,

Tim

--
Tim Nikias