POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Grass/Vegetation/Loneliness : WIP Grass/Vegetation/Loneliness Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  WIP Grass/Vegetation/Loneliness
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 28 Jul 2002 19:59:54
Message: <3d44857a@news.povray.org>
Hi all!

I've been absent for some time, due to some slight malfunctioning
of my life... ;-)

Nontheless, I'm back, and working on my Vegetation Macros
as well as on my Loneliness WIP.

Regarding the macros, I definetely need to script some algorithm to
spread/grow/seed objects/plants from one position outward, the
image has too many spots and places where a plant could be placed,
but which isn't found due to the more general, brute force approach
being used at the moment (find a random position, check if position by
itself
is valid, and then check for intersections = too random and slow).
Its useful for spreading objects across the landscape, but its not too
useful to actually populate it entirely...

As for the Loneliness WIP, I'm still tinkering with the mood (lighting
and camera), and toying around with my idea on how I want to
visualize Loneliness. That is, by the way, the part that is missing in
this image: nothing is really lonely yet...

I'm thinking about making it a night-scene, but I'm not too sure about
that yet...

Well, comments, criticism, anything is welcome!

Regards,

Tim
--
Tim Nikias