POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bird2 : Re: Bird2 Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bird2
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 27 Jul 2002 18:28:21
Message: <3d431e85@news.povray.org>
> Hi All
>
> Barbed wire by Jerry Anning. Landscape mixture Of HFs and ridged_mfs,
Clouds are media, icicles are meshes, snow blobs in the style
> of Tom Melly (you gave me the clue as to how to use blobs in loops via a
macro). Bird made in Hammapatch, texture maps thanks to UV
> mapper, CorelPaint and the RSPB magazine.
>
> Where to now...
>
> Mick

Stunning! I like the mood!
IMHO the cliff in the back left looks a bit steep compared to the others..?
What about turning the bird a bit, either one way so that you either can see
the other eye, or the other way to make the contour more interesting? And
wouldn't the snow rather gather at the spikes-things on the wire, rather on
the wire itself, which is far thinner? Looks great when you can see the
spikes though.. Just a thought :)

I really like it!

-Peter