POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oblivious to transparency : Re: Oblivious to transparency Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:08:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oblivious to transparency
From: Jim Kress
Date: 26 Jul 2002 14:11:15
Message: <3d4190c3$1@news.povray.org>
> Why are you using the GIF format?

Actually, that's a good question.  Probably arises from the fact that the
images will be posted in the Art and Research Sections of my web site and
I'm just used to doing them in GIF format.  I also tend to post images on
the Research side with transparency and PNG transparency support is qute
limited in all the browsers, I've avoided PNG.

However (end of my babbling) you have a good point.  I'll repost with PNG
here.

Thanks for the comments!

Jim