POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : first try with pov: dome & water : Re: first try with pov: dome & water Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:12:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: first try with pov: dome & water
From: Johan Feyaerts
Date: 26 Jul 2002 11:03:35
Message: <3d4164c7@news.povray.org>
"Apache" <apa### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> First try? I don't believe you :)
The whole thing is built up with macros that I developed separately.
banisters, staircase, fountain, firework,dome, baseblock. Took me several
weeks of experimenting
So it's not the first image i do with pov, but it is the first complete
scene I made with it, believe it or not.
> I suppose you've done some modelling before in your life?
No, but I have a degree in computer science so programming & geometry is a
piece of cake for me. Played a few hours with bryce3d before and got fed up
with it. I prefer pov programming gives you much more control over the pic.
What I didn't figure out yet it the whole photons & radiosity stuff. I used
standard textures for the picture. Guess it could still be improved. Tried
radiosity but after 25 hrs the picture wasn't even half completed. Think
it's because of the firework that contains a lot of elements. Photons
probably would make the reflection of the water probably more realistic