POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My try at landscapes : Re: My try at landscapes Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:08:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My try at landscapes
From: Hugo
Date: 25 Jul 2002 16:23:29
Message: <3d405e41$1@news.povray.org>
Timothy wrote:
> How exactly are those clouds made, again?

They are real objects with a tricky texture. All honor goes to Gilles.
Here's the code:
http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/23572/164923/#164923

--------
Simon wrote:
> the clouds look like they are not illuminated by the sun
> but by some other light_source.

They are not illuminated at all, the highlights are part of the texture.
They all point to the right, that's why they don't take the sun into
consideration. The code could develop in this aspect.

--------
DZ wrote:
> Very nice indeed. Well-tweaked!

Thanks! Everything except the water is borrowed "plug-ins", and the
heightfield isn't that good, but since it renders in 5 minutes I think it's
useful in animation, and shows that POV can also do nice things fast.

Hugo