POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : P.D.U. 2 (48ko) : Re: P.D.U. 2 (48ko) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: P.D.U. 2 (48ko)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 25 Jul 2002 12:24:46
Message: <3d40264e@news.povray.org>
"gemelli david" <d.g### [at] xlstudiocom> wrote in message
news:3D3### [at] xlstudiocom...
> once again, the flying thingy....
> now, I will work on a complete scene and make more experiments to find a
> good metal texture for the objects...
>
> comments/ideas welcome as usual.

    I didn't mean to start a controversy with the counter-rotating bit...

    I agree that the arms, while they would work, don't look as good. I
could suggest vanes in the body, ports in the upper thigh, a segment of the
upper thigh that is a rotating cylinder that acts as a sail against the
downdraft, the same arms but sticking out from below or similar "turbo"
ports in the spherical undercarriage.

    The rotating cylinders seem coolest to me. But then, I have always been
fascinated with the rotating sail idea. But they add a moving part. Probably
the best technical plan is smaller turboports on the bottom, 3
Quarter-spheres with vents sort of between the legs. Not as large a lever,
but if you just add more thrust...