POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : find edges postprocess using functions : Re: find edges postprocess using functions Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:12:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: find edges postprocess using functions
From: TinCanMan
Date: 24 Jul 2002 13:29:36
Message: <3d3ee400$1@news.povray.org>
Cool process!  I think I found a solution for you:

  #declare Ifun=
  function{
    pigment{
      image_map{
        png "pp2"
      }
      warp{repeat y flip y} //<---add these two lines
      warp{repeat x flip x} //<-/

      translate -.5
      scale <image_width,image_height,1>*.5
    }
  }

this repeats the image in the function and flips it in the x and y
directions, that way there isn't any abrupt stop to the image used in the
function which is the problem you were having.  The function was creating an
edge at the edges of the image itself.  The image used in the function now
continues smoothly beyond the borders of your final scene, eliminating this
effect.

-tgq