POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) : Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu)
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 23 Jul 2002 22:01:44
Message: <3d3e0a88$1@news.povray.org>
> I'd rather use a function pigment for that - much faster than parsing
> a gazillion boxes.

To use boxes for postwork within Pov-Ray is exactly what I did in my last
two IRTC entries.
The method is awfully slow (compared with photoshop) and needs huge amounts
of memory
(a 1200*1600 render would need more than 1 GB !).

How can I use functions instead of pigments? I tried and failed so far.

Norbert