POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) : Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 23 Jul 2002 16:38:55
Message: <3d3dbedf@news.povray.org>

3d3dbc1e@news.povray.org...
> What render time do you expect for it?  A week?

About it. Less in fact, but I'll probably have to re-render little parts of
it with better radiosity settings and area_light settings.

> I have to say the image looks really, really great!!!  Nearly perfect,
> except imho the shadow of the tree seems like it is a bit to far to the
> left.  Maybe moving the shadow about ten pixels to the right would make it
> look even better...

Hmm, yes, you're right. I can still change it (still 60% to go on the large
render).

BTW, the main tree has its own light group with its own sun at a different
position that the main one, so that I could get both some direct light on
the trunk (from the light_group) and a highlight on the water (from the main
light)...

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com