POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) : Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 16:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu)
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 23 Jul 2002 13:02:51
Message: <3d3d8c3b$1@news.povray.org>
AAAAaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh "Humiliator" strikes again!
I was so much happier when I didn't know your works, Gilles.
No just kidding ;-)
BTW I had an idea for the IRTC dreaming round: a pond, a frog on the shore
looking a its image in the water, and the image was to be the prince
charming's one. But here I swear I can smell the perfume of your flowers.

3D3D12CC.5D0F2200@gmx.de...
> Also the waves here are quite high frequency, something also indicating
strong wind effect.

I don't agree on this point: wavelength depends of the *fetch* i.e. the
length on which the wind interacts with the water. the wavelength increases
with the fetch, so, on small ponds, you only have hi-frequency ripples.
With this surrounding you may have some turbulence caused by plants, some
area beeing exposed to breeze while others are sheltered.

Marc