POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) : Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 23 Jul 2002 08:18:24
Message: <3d3d4990$1@news.povray.org>
> Gilles Tran wrote:
>   It looks fantastic here. But I must disagree with some other comments: I
> don't see it as "photo-realistic", but more as "photo-realistic painting".
> I inmediately perceive it's not a photo, but I will never suspect it is a
> render... my first impression is that it is a paint job, done perhaps with
> mixed techniques. That's great!

Bingo ! You got it !

Inspiration came less from photos than from XVIIe landscape paintings.
See Claude Lorrain here http://gallery.euroweb.hu/html/c/claude/2/index.html
and Aelbert Cuyp here
http://gallery.euroweb.hu/html/c/cuyp/aelbert/1/index.html

Still some way to go before I get even remotely there though.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com

news: 3d3d4277@news.povray.org...