POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) : Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The dark side of the trees (121 kbu)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 23 Jul 2002 07:45:01
Message: <3d3d41bd@news.povray.org>

3D3D12CC.5D0F2200@gmx.de...
> Since this is really a minor issue i don't want to make much ado about it,
> but i disagree on this.  Such abrupt changes only occur with relatively
> strong and rapidly changing wind.

Well you're probably right about this. I'll explain it by "artistic license"
then :-)

> Maybe some concentric structures
> produced by bubbles or animals would be a nice detail.

They almost made it in the picture in fact but I got lazy. Perhaps I'll make
some tests and add them afterwards. The frog could really use some
concentric circles.

> Another thing on the water: The reflection seems quite strong at the steep
> angles in the foreground, maybe some transparency and scattering media
> would be a good idea.

Another artistic license there. I started with a more realistic approach
like the one you demonstrate on your website, but then I gradually increased
the reflection in the foreground because the bottom part of the image was
much too dark, as I already had this pesky lighting and gamma tolerance
problem to deal with.

> But again, these are only minor issues, the whole composition looks really
> nice.
Thanks !

G.

--