POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can't get this mapped properly. : Re: Can't get this mapped properly. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't get this mapped properly.
From: hughes b
Date: 22 Jul 2002 16:01:08
Message: <3d3c6484@news.povray.org>
"Jon B" <prm### [at] indecisionsorg> wrote in message
news:3D3### [at] indecisionsorg...

> http://www.hostriot.com/072002/New-Buttons.jpg
>
> I'm was redoing the buttons because I didn't like how they looked.
> Right now I'll be adding a slightly more curved edge at the ring on top
> of the button.  I also switched over to the image_pattern method which I
> found to work better since now I get the phong interaction with the
lights.

Looks okay. Could use some bump mapping to raise the imprints slightly so it
isn't absolutely flush with the button surface. Would need to reuse the
image in a normal statement as a bump_map (done like image_map in pigment
was) and make it negative bump_size I guess, otherwise you'll need a
negative color image.

Not sure of how much it matters but maybe something to try.