POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can't get this mapped properly. : Re: Can't get this mapped properly. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't get this mapped properly.
From: TinCanMan
Date: 22 Jul 2002 15:59:26
Message: <3d3c641e$1@news.povray.org>
> http://www.hostriot.com/072002/New-Buttons.jpg
>
> I'm was redoing the buttons because I didn't like how they looked.
> Right now I'll be adding a slightly more curved edge at the ring on top
> of the button.  I also switched over to the image_pattern method which I
> found to work better since now I get the phong interaction with the
lights.

Looks good so far.

You should still get the phong interaction with image_map if you specify it
in the finish.  The difference would be that you could have a different
phong value for the image and for the rest of the button with image_pattern.

If you are having dificulty getting the shape you want with CSG, you may
want to look at 'surface of revolution' or 'lathe'
-tgq