POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Lonesome Bush : Re: The Lonesome Bush Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Lonesome Bush
From: Christoph Gerber
Date: 22 Jul 2002 13:58:10
Message: <3d3c47b2@news.povray.org>
First I made the rock height field by applying a black to white y gradient
to a rock object similar to those shown in the picture and a camera pointing
in -y direction. Then I made the crack height field in PhotoShop by pianting
a white crack on black background using a smooth brush. Finally I loaded
both heightfields into HFLab (you could use the original Dos utility or the
Windows version built into Leveller), scaled the crack to 0.3 (norm command)
and subtracted it from the rock. The resulting difference heightfield was
smoothed 2 or 3 times. Thats all.

Regards, Christoph

3d3b2fb6@news.povray.org...