POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : An old one. Filling a container. : An old one. Filling a container. Server Time
19 Jul 2024 17:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  An old one. Filling a container.
From: JRG
Date: 21 Jul 2002 13:20:31
Message: <3d3aed5f@news.povray.org>
I just revisited the *balls filling a container* simulation to test my new
programming skill (hehe just passed my C exam).
While it's not perfect (some balls clearly intersect) it does the job. The program
took ~20 min to calculate 800 frames (30 iterations per frame, 400 balls and ~10
millions collisions). Then each frame took about 9 sec to render with POV.

http://digilander.libero.it/jrgpov/anim/palline.avi (2.7 MB divx 5).

--
Jonathan.