POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Benchmark_Final (428KB) : Re: Benchmark_Final (428KB) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Benchmark_Final (428KB)
From: Jaap Frank
Date: 21 Jul 2002 08:44:02
Message: <3d3aac92$1@news.povray.org>
"Sebastian H." <seb### [at] webde> wrote in message
news:3D3### [at] webde...
> I don't know much about benchmarking,but I really like the image :-).
> Could you post the source so I could make a high res render and printout.
>
> Sebastian H.

Sebastian,

you have it already. You can find it in ../scenes/advanced and it is the
official POV-Ray benchmark. It's there to test the speed of your machine.

If you are going for a still larger resolution and use the settings of this
file, you are going to need lots of time. The picture of this post took
72 hours with a PIII 450MHz 1GB, so memory was not the problem.
It was the extra quality for the radiosity that took most of the time, so
don't push it to high. (I raised the recursion level to 3, but I think now
1 or 2 is sufficient.)
O yes, if you change something in the objects placing,
z is up in this file!

Good luck with it,

Jaap Frank